Skilled Legal Advocates For Injured Bicyclists And Pedestrians
The number of pedestrians and cyclists throughout Seattle is growing. If you are among the growing number of area residents who choose riding or walking, you are forced to worry about sharing space with cars.
You may be careful and look out for cars and trucks. You may do what you can to protect yourself. Unfortunately, many drivers fail to keep a lookout for pedestrians and bike riders. These careless drivers are the ones most likely to crash into you and cause you serious injuries.
When you suffer serious injuries because of a careless or reckless motorist, we recommend you contact Menzer Law. We are highly experienced in representing injured pedestrians and cyclists who have been hurt by negligent drivers. We will fight hard for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
Common Causes Of Bicycle And Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most common reasons for bicycle- and pedestrian-vehicle collisions include:
- Distracted driving, including texting or talking on the phone
- Drowsy driving
- Driving in designated bike lanes
- Failing to use turn signals
- Failing to yield the right of way to pedestrians or cyclists in crosswalks
- Running stoplights or stop signs
- Failing to check blind spots
- Opening a vehicle door into a cyclist’s path
- Following a cyclist too closely
- Driving impaired due to drugs and/or alcohol
As soon as you call us, we will promptly begin an investigation into the crash to identify the at-fault driver and the underlying cause of the accident. With this evidence in hand, we can pursue compensation for your injuries.
Bicycle And Pedestrian Accident Injuries
As a cyclist or pedestrian, you have far less protection than drivers and passengers in vehicles. At most, you may have on a helmet and some other safety gear. However, such safety gear will not be enough to protect you from serious or catastrophic injuries, especially if the vehicle is moving at high speeds at the time of the collision.
Common injuries include:
- Broken bones, including complex and open fractures
- Ligament sprains or muscle or tendon strains that require medical treatment
- Facial and dental injuries
- Herniated disks, fractured vertebrae or other neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe road rash
- Crush injuries
- Nerve damage and pain
- Internal organ damage
It is also common for victims to experience post-traumatic stress disorder and other psychological trauma
Pursuing Compensation After A Pedestrian Or Bike Crash
If another person’s careless, reckless or willful conduct is the reason you are injured, you have the right to demand compensation through an insurance claim and/or a personal injury lawsuit. Attorney Mike Menzer and his team are here to fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible for your:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of normal life
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
The full amount of compensation will depend on your economic losses related to the factors listed above.
Fatal Pedestrian And Bicycle Accidents
If you are suffered the unexpected loss of a parent, spouse or child in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, we are here to help. We will carefully review the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s fatal accident and determine whether you and your family have a valid legal claim under Washington’s wrongful death law.
You may have the right to file this type of lawsuit if you are a surviving spouse or child of the decedent or the personal representative of the decedent’s estate. If your loved one did not leave behind a spouse or child, then you may file if you are a surviving parent or sibling.
Through this lawsuit, you, the person’s estate and the other surviving family members may have the right to demand compensation for:
- The decedent’s medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of decedent’s wages
- Decedent’s pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of the decedent’s love, care, companionship, society and services
Call us as soon as you can to discuss pursuing wrongful death compensation after a fatal bike or pedestrian accident.