Remote Legal Internship
Full Job Description
Menzer Law Firm has an exciting paid Remote Legal Internship position available beginning in spring/summer 2022. This is a great opportunity for current law school students completing their 2L year that interested in pursuing a career in the civil litigation legal field. Interns at Menzer Law Firm have a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience within a top medical malpractice and personal injury firm in Seattle. The internship will be a remote position full time for the 2L summer with the potential opportunity to continue working remotely part time through completion of 3L year.
Menzer Law Firm provides a high level of legal representation to victims of serious, catastrophic, and life-altering incidents including medical malpractice, motor vehicle collisions, nursing home abuse, vaccine injuries, premises liability incidents, and more.
Menzer Law Firm was founded by Matt Menzer and is headquartered in Seattle, WA with a second location in Maui, HI. The legal team consists of three full time attorneys and several additional support staff. The firm’s primary areas of practice are medical malpractice and personal injury. Menzer Law Firm is deliberately designed to be a small-volume personal injury law firm that provides high-quality and personal service to its clients. An intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the attorneys and gain hands-on experience in all aspects of the litigation process. For more information, please visit www.menzerlawfirm.com.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Under the supervision of an attorney, the intern will conduct legal research and prepare analysis on a range of legal topics.
- The intern will assist in drafting Discovery requests and responses, motions, briefs, petitions, and demand letters.
- The intern will assist in client intake and communicating with the firm’s current clients.
- Attend and participate in professional development and other meetings with the legal staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Draft and review correspondence, pleadings, and motions.
- Review medical records and draft petitions to be filed in Vaccine Court.
- Conduct legal research.
- Conduct research and analysis of active and completed litigation in Washington.
- Applicants must be a current 2L law student in good academic standing, enrolled in an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited law school, working towards a Juris Doctorate degree during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- To be considered, an applicant must submit a current resume and writing sample attached to a brief email describing your interest in the role.
- Ability to perform legal research and analysis.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to maintain perspective and a sense of humor while working in a demanding and ever-changing environment.
- Currently enrolled 2L law student in good academic standing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in a remote environment.