- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Litigation & Appeals
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2014
- Whitman College
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: Economics
JohnDavid Toren is a lifelong resident of the State of Washington. He graduated from Whitman College (B.A., 2010) with a degree in Economics and received his law degree in 2014 from the University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2014). He is licensed to practice law in Washington and in the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington and in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. JohnDavid was awarded the Rising Star Super Lawyers Award in 2021, which is awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
JohnDavid has been with Menzer Law Firm since 2014. His legal practice focuses on the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, trust, guardianship and estate litigation, insurance law, and vaccine injury.
Prior to working for the Menzer Law Firm, JohnDavid interned at King County Superior Court for Judge Susan Craighead and worked for Seattle law firm Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge. He also spent three years volunteering for the Innocence Project.
JohnDavid lives in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle with his wife, Natalie and their dog, Percy. They enjoy walking in the neighborhood, working on their home, hiking/backpacking when the weather cooperates, and cheering on Seattle sports teams. JohnDavid spends a week every summer volunteering for a camp on Orcas Island. He is licensed to perform marriages in the State of Washington and has officiated five to date.
JohnDavid is co-author of legal articles, including The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs' Lawyers Need to Know, and is a contributing author to the 2019 edition of the Nursing Home Litigation Deskbook and the 2021 edition of the Medical Negligence Deskbook.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2016
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 2017
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2021
- Washington State Bar Association, 2014
- Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge, Law Clerk, 2013
- King County Superior Court, Legal Extern to Judge Susan Craighead, 2013
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership
- “The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Need to Know”
- “Seen But Not Treated — Who Dropped the Ball”
- “What Lawyers Need to Know About the LTC Ombudsman Program”
- “Injury Claims Against Adult Family Homes”, Chapter of the Nursing Home Litigation Deskbook, 2019
- “Causation”, Chapter of the Medical Negligence Deskbook, 2021