- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, California
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence - 1987
- Brown University, Providence , Rhode Island
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1981
Matt Menzer, founder of Menzer Law, is a top-rated attorney dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to those who have suffered medical malpractice, a serious personal injury, or the wrongful death of a loved one. A graduate of Brown University, UC Berkeley School of Law, and two federal judicial clerkships, Matt combines his first-rate education with over 30 years' experience to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.
Matt's deep experience extends to all phases of the litigation process, from case investigation to complex discovery and pretrial motions, settlement, and trial. Additionally, Matt is one of a limited number of attorneys in the United States qualified to represent individuals injured by vaccines in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, where all VICP claims are decided.
Since 2002, Matt has grown Menzer Law on a simple yet powerful belief: Deep legal experience and expertise produce the best possible results when paired with individual quality care. To that end, he deliberately designed Menzer Law to give clients the full attention of a team of experienced, knowledgeable, and assertive attorneys. By limiting his caseload and focusing exclusively on medical malpractice, serious personal injury, and wrongful death claims, Matt and his colleagues can dedicate the time and resources necessary to personally see each case through to a successful conclusion.
In addition to clients, members of the bar and the judiciary have recognized Matt's outstanding achievements in personal injury and medical malpractice law. Martindale-Hubbell, the gold standard in attorney ratings, rates Matt as "AV Preeminent" - the highest grade given to a lawyer for professional excellence. Matt has also earned the highest rating of "superb" by Avvo for his achievements in the legal field, and "Top Lawyer" by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine.
Matt has earned the rare distinction of achieving "Super Lawyer" status in two states (WA & HI), one of only a handful of lawyers in the country to have dual status. He is also named as one of the top 25 Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Seattle by Expertise.com and is ranked one of the three best Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Attorneys in Seattle by Three Best Rated.
In recognition of Matt's high ethical standards and professional legal ability, The International Society of Primerus Law Firms selected Menzer Law as the only personal injury firm in Washington state to join its prestigious society of top-rated law firms.
Matt practices law from his offices in Seattle and Maui. He is also licensed in California and is Of Counsel to the Federman Law Firm in San Luis Obispo, California.
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1987
- Washington State Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Maui County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member
- King County Bar Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms, Personal Injury Institute
- McNaul Ebel Nawrot Helgren & Vance, Partner, 1996 – 2002 (Seattle)
- Culp, Guterson, and Grader, Attorney, 1992 – 1996 (Seattle)
- Lowenthal & August, Attorney, 1990 – 1992 (Wailuku, Maui)
- United States District Court for Hawaii, Judicial Law Clerk, 1989 – 1990 (Honolulu)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Judicial Law Clerk 1987 – 1988 (New York City)
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Seattle Outrigger Canoe Club
- Super Lawyer, Washington – Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- Super Lawyer, Hawaii – Medical Malpractice
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- ‘Clients’ Choice Award’ from attorney rating site Avvo
- 10.0 Superb Rating from attorney rating site Avvo
- Seattle Met Magazine's ‘Top Attorneys in Washington’
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement
- The Law 500 “Fastest Growing Law Firms in the U.S.”
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Primerus Member, Personal Injury Institute
- “Causation”, Chapter of the Medical Negligence Deskbook, 2nd Ed. 2021
- “Injury Claims Against Adult Family Homes”, Chapter of the Nursing Home Litigation Deskbook, 2nd Ed. 2019
- “The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Need to Know”
- “Seen But Not Treated — Who Dropped the Ball”
- “What Lawyers Need to Know About the LTC Ombudsman Program”
Certifications and Court Appointments
- Certified Settlement Guardian Ad Litem, King County, Washington
- Litigation Guardian Ad Litem in Medical Malpractice cases, King County, Washington